Saturday, November 21, 2015

I know that we all think we have it harder than anyone else sometimes but just remember that Christ knows exactly how we feel and is always there to help us get through challenges!

September 21, 2015

Hey everyone!!
It's been a busy week and so much has happened!! We made some progress with a few of our investigators and got four potential investigators so that was a bonus!!

This Wednesday we went to Operation Gratitude, which is a charity that makes care packages for troops over seas. We packed boxes for a few hours and then talked with Kelly (the lady in charge) for a while about when we'd be back. She has made it really clear during the few times we've been there that she doesn't want anything to do with our religion, but she also said that she is amazed at how willing we are to serve and how big of a help we are to her. We've never been able to really tell her what Mormons are all about but we've learned that we can teach people a lot through our service. Kelly calls us "Her missionaries" now and asked us to come as often as we can.

Funny story: We were driving to an investigators house and I tried to get a drink out of my water bottle without spilling all over myself. Elder Anderson Saw his opportunity and slammed on the brakes. Lets just say the people we were teaching thought I peed my pants the whole entire time!!

Elder Anderson and I both got sick this week with really bad colds. Luckily I only had it for a day but Elder  Anderson spent a few days on the "death couch" coughing up his lungs and using all our toilet paper on his nose.

 

Message of the week: I had a lot of time to study my scriptures this week an learned a ton about Christs characteristics and how we can apply them to ourselves. I was reading in Third Nephi 27 and came across an awesome scripture.

13 Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me.
 14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me,...
  It's crazy to think that someone could be so loving and selfless towards us all. Even though he knew we would lift him up on the cross he still came down to earth so that he could lift us all up some day. In our ward  here there are lots of of people that won't come to church because people offended them or they had bad experiences with LDS members. It's so important to love everyone as Christ did and focus on the good rather than the bad. We need to remember to forgive and forget just like he showed us to. I know that we all think we have it harder than anyone else sometimes but just remember that Christ knows exactly how we feel and is always there to help us get through challenges!
Love you all so much and hope I'm not boring you too much with my emails!! Hope everything is going good in Salt Lake!!! 

Elder Jensen
The Sister missionaries are the best!!! They brought us soup and church movies to watch so we could pass the time faster. They're kinda like our moms while we're out here...such a blessing haha! That's pretty much our week right there...we're both better now so next week will be a lot more eventful!!