Monday, May 1, 2017

Humility is the key to progression in Gods plan of happiness.

May 1, 2017

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe it is May! Time has continued to fly by and blows my mind! Elder Martin is at the point in his mission that I was at when I was his trainer. I can't believe it! But anyways, this week was great! We got so much done and were able to find new people to teach as well!

On Tuesday we had a pretty cool miracle! When it came time for knockout, we had already knocked a lot of doors. We went to a different area, and for some reason, in this particular place, no one wanted to hear the Gospel or our help, it was a pretty bad spot, not going to lie. It was a couple minutes before 6 o'clock (when we end door knocking) and we were going to stop early, but decided to finish out. The last door we knocked, someone from inside yelled out "come in!" - Now, we're not just going to walk in someone's house. So we yell back, introducing ourselves, and then someone rushes to the door and says "Elders! Who sent you?" We were a little confused. Jokingly, I said we'd still like to come in, and they invited us in. It turns out, that it was an inactive family of 10-ish years. We sat down and talked with them, and this sister told us that she felt that it was divine intervention that we were there and that God sent us. She expressed her gratitude because they're going through a really hard time. It wasn't until they talked about coming back to church that she blurted out "What do I have to do to get my 11 year old son baptized?" We got a return appointment with them, and will have them coming back to church here soon. It was a testimony builder to see that with our faith, we can work miracles not only in our own lives but in the lives of others as well! Now we can work with this family and help them all get sealed in the temple for eternity...one of the greatest blessings that we can ever receive. I'm so thankful for my eternal family and the joy that it brings me every day and I'm also so thankful for this opportunity that I have to go out and share the gospel with others and unite families through the gospel of Jesus Christ just like it has done for mine.

We went on exchanges this week with some of the district leaders in our zone. I went with Elder Hawkins in his Spanish area and I was so lost haha! I wish I spoke Spanish but it's impossible haha! Everyone thought I was a mute but Elder Hawkins did great! He's only been out 4 months but I learned so much from him. It's amazing that as we humble our selves we can learn so much from those around us even if we are "older" or more experienced. Humility is the key to progression in Gods plan of happiness.

We had some great lessons this week and picked up 2 new investigators as well as got in contact with a former investigator! Things are bumpin here in Hoodland Wills!

Sunday, testimony meeting was really good. Mary Anne got up and bore her testimony of missionary work, and it was really neat! It's amazing to see how appreciative people are of our service and sacrifice to them and to God. She's one of the most converted people I have ever met and she now has the biggest desire to share it with others. (1 Nephi chapter 8). She has already given us 2 or 3 referrals and she isn't even a member yet! Truly amazing.

Mary Anne's baptism is this week so keep her in your prayers! She's come so far and Satan is gonna really work hard to push her off this path she is on.

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Jensen