Monday, July 18, 2016

I broke my arm.. but we got a car out of it!

July 18, 2016

Hello everyone! This was another sick week here in California!

Last Monday after emailing, a couple of us Elder's, got together and went to Universal, to go to City Walk and to be honest, it was a big let down at City Walk. Besides a couple Universal themed stores, so we didn't stay long, just long enough to take pictures.  Afterwards, we went to play kickball and it was Sand Lot (mission edition) because elder Martin kicked the ball over the fence and it popped so we couldn't "play no more" hahaha.

When Elder Silva and I were companions, a few months ago, we knocked into Daniel and he was immediately receptive to the message we shared. He was so prepared through his experiences and trials he faced during his transition from the Philippines to the United States. Daniel had been searching for a way to get closer to God and feel his support and guidance more fully in his life. Well this week I got to go back to Van Nuys and see Daniel Noora get baptized! I'm so happy for him and I know that the gift of the Holy Ghost and this Gospel will fill that gap that he has been trying to fill his whole life. I'm so happy for him and I can't wait for his family to see his example.  It was an awesome day for both of us seeing someone we found and taught together getting baptized.

We met with Diana Del Mundo this week to teach her a recent convert lesson and she brought her daughter! So we decided to teach the Restoration so her daughter could hear our special message! Well the Spirit was so strong and the daughter was loving everything we taught. At the end of the lesson we committed her to be baptized on August 27th and Diana was almost in tears! She has been praying that her daughter would gain interest in the church and her prayers were answered. It was such a cool experience!

"On Friday's, we have district workout in the mornings, so we play games as a district. The sister missionaries always come up with games for us to play (usually turn out a disappointment). So this week, we played "Sharks and Minos". And in every group, school, mission, fun, whatever, there is always that one person, who thinks it's the Olympics and takes it too serious. Well, this particular Elder, was in the middle, and hadn't tagged anyone yet. Elder Jensen was near the end, and this Elder decides to dive for him, and he took his legs out. Elder Jensen put his hands on the wall to stop himself, and hurt his wrist, and had pretty bad bruises on his knees. So we left right away, and we called the mission nurse. After I hung up, I decided that my elbow had started hurting. So I called the nurse back, and she showed up about an hour later and took me to the doctors. Turns out, Elder Jensen has a Radial-head fracture in his elbow. But we got a car out of it!" - I asked elder Martin to type that all up because I am too slow with one hand haha. So yeah I am now in a sling for a while! I'll keep you all updated on what happens!

Manet couldn't meet this week. More updates coming next week!

We met with Peter Roses this week! A huge miracle happened. He had always told us that he wasn't getting baptized because he needed to figure out some personal things first but it just didn't feel right. So on Friday we figured it all out! Elder Martin was coming in clutch with some inspired questions and we found out that he doesn't have a testimony of the Priesthood. He believes everything else but he can't understand the need for that authority. So now that we know what he needs we are feeling a lot better about helping him progress.

Funny story of the week: Elder Martin is the pickiest eater that has ever walked the planet hahaha! Man I love this kid. So we go to the Mathov's for dinner. She is Philippino, so she cooked a Philippino dish. Well Elder Martin was struggling to get it down hahaha. He leaned over and whispered, "Elder...I'm about to throw up." As he gagged a little hahaha. All I could tell him to do was to drink water hahaha. Poor kid is still adjusting to the mission life!

Well my hand hurts at this point so I think I'm gonna call it quits for the day. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Jensen


Universal Studios!

Candid with my boy Daniel.

City Walk with Elder Anderson and Elder Olivas.

Burbank

Daniel's Baptism

Daniel's Baptism.

Sand Lot -mission edition.