Monday, July 17, 2017

I've had a front row seat watching the Restored Gospel change my life.

July 17, 2017

Hello Everyone! It's been a pretty amazing week here in Woodland Hills! The ward is hyped about missionary work since we had 3 baptisms this week and keep bringing more and more people to church.
The most important thing that happened this week was Mmakgabo and TK's baptism. Elder Hadley was able to baptize her! (It was his first baptism ever!) and a family friend was able to baptize TK! It was such a special experience. Mmakgabo has been having some trials lately and the morning of her baptism everything just seemed to go wrong for her. She called us and through tears said "this was supposed to be my special day. What happened?" I remember listening to Elder Hadley promise her that as soon as she stepped foot into the baptismal font, all of her worries would melt away. Seeing her big smile after her baptism was one of the greatest gifts that God has ever given me. She was so happy and at peace. She came up to us after the baptism and told us how happy she felt and how at peace she was. I knew that God had fulfilled His promise to her. What an amazing moment. On Sunday they were both confirmed members of the church and they had a chance to bear their testimonies. TK said that he can't wait to go on a mission because meeting with missionaries has brought him so much happiness. Then the Bishop let him sit up on the stand for the rest of the meeting and he was so excited to be up there with them! Mmakgabo was also so thankful for the Gospel and said she wants to be a Sr. Missionary some day as well! SO amazing!

Taylor Boyd was also able to get baptized this week! The whole ward was there to support her! It's been a long anticipated baptism for sure.
I'm so grateful for the Restored Gospel on the earth today. I got to witness it change lives the last couple months and I've had a front row seat watching it change mine. I know that Christ loves every single one of us and wants us to return to live with our Heavenly Father again. I'm so humbled to be able to play a small part in that great cause.

Funny things that happened this week:
- Got my palm read by someone while we were knocking doors. She grabbed my hand and said "I'm a hesitant person but that I'll make it." Californians are too cool.

Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!!
Elder Jensen