Monday, August 15, 2016

Things I have learned this past year as a missionary

August 15, 2016

We asked Andrew some questions about his mission experience this past year, and loved his responses.  What an amazing mission he has had...what a great and dedicated missionary he has been.  We are so grateful for his willingness to serve the Lord and for the genuine responses to the questions that we gave him.  He knows who he is, that he is where he is suppose to be, and that the Lord's hand is in our every day lives.


What has been one of your greatest challenges to overcome on your mission?

The back lash we receive for simply trying to make others lives a little better.


What has the Spirit taught you on your mission?

The spirit has taught me that I need him all the time. That I can't do anything on my own.


What thoughts can you pass on to others that are thinking about serving a mission? 

I wish I would have studied the scriptures more before I left. I would have been more effective sooner. Also it's the best decision ever.


How has your testimony grown since you left home?

It's grown more than I can explain. I know without a doubt that this is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.


What have you learned to do better on your mission that at home you may have not done as well at?

Scripture study, cooking , laundry, cleaning, self reliance in general.


What are some life lessons that you want to never forget after your mission?

That you can trust in the plan God has for you personally. That prayer is powerful. And that if I stop going to Church the missionaries are gonna come looking for me. haha


What has your Mission President been doing to inspire the mission? What do you love about your Mission President? 

He is having us work through the members. They open doors that we can't.


What is your mission theme?

We are the Great California San Fernando Mission. We teach repentance and baptize converts.


What should we do to be better missionaries at home while you are gone?

Simply invite people to come to church or meet with the missionaries. That's all it takes. And give referrals!